CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: He is Saved...no matter what!

mentalnomad Views: 1,595
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,269,286

Re: He is Saved...no matter what!

I would say the Word of God makes it entirely possible that he is saved and sinning like mad. It's not God's best, it's not good for him, but God is no less proud of him and doesn't love him any less for it. Hard for our finite minds to comprehend that, but it's true. To me it's as clear as day in the book of Roman's, over and over the first 5 chapters stress how we are justified by faith not by works, how it is the goodness of God that brings repentance and the redemptive work of Jesus is the only thing that gets us to heaven. Paul presented the grace of God so fully, so hard leaning on grace that three times in the first 6 chapters of Romans he had to answer the question "should we sin so Grace can abound?" and of course the answer was always a resounding NO. Chapter 6 goes on to explain that the reason we do not sin is No. 1, it is no longer our nature to sin.

Romans 6: 1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

You can continue reading the chapter to get more depth...I just put the target verses that start it out. :)

Through Jesus we are dead to sin, the sin nature is killed and it no longer drives us to sin. 47 out of the 49 times sin is mentioned in the book of Romans it refers to sin as a noun, the sin nature, while twice it refers to action, individual sins. Jesus took our sin nature. So why does some people still act just like they did before they were saved? For one-- the truth sets you free, if you don't know that you know that Jesus took that sin nature for you and it's no longer there and you have the Holy Spirit as your aid then you won't know you are delivered and you will still walk in the habits your "computer brain" has established. Because when a person is saved it is his Spirit man that is saved, his mind was not changed nor his body. (Example to clearly illistrate this--when I was saved I was changed in my Spirit immediately however I didn't instantly lose the 50lbs I needed to, nor did my mind instantly start thinking according to the Word of God) To break those habits they need knowledge of what Jesus did and renewing of their mind. There's several scriiptures to it about how renewing your mind in referring to breaking sin and putting on the new nature, especially:

Romans 12:2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Titus 3:5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 4:22That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

24And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 8:5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

So quite obviously the way to put on the new nature of Jesus Christ that he has purchased for us is to renew our mind by the Word of God. When a person delves into the word of God seeking God's wisdom he will come up to a higher standard of living a naturally holy life.

The No. 2 reason to not sin is also in Romans 6,

16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Galatians 6:7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

If you sin it opens a door wide to the devil, just lets him right in to mess in their lives and have consquences of their actions. God's laws are our protection, we get out from under that umbrella of protection by sinning and it allows the devil to just rain on down. Raise your hand if you want the devil to legally mess in your life? I haven't had a single person raise their hand yet. :)

They will reap what they sow-- people who live a life of sin never experience victory that Jesus purchased for them--in their emotions, relationships, finances, health ect. They have no true peace, no true joy. They can be saved and on their way to heaven, but they are not really enjoying the ride to get there. They are also a bad witness to others, and they probably are not going to be taking anyone with them to heaven. Sinning does not change God's heart towards that child of his, but it will change that persons heart towards God. It will not be softened towards Him, it will be soft to the things of the world.

1 Cor. 13 clearly shows our motive should always be of love, every action we do for the Lord should be because we love him. If we don't, it doesn't profit anything. Those who are religious and think their works profit them anything because they are doing it in a Pharisee spirit are just as much in the wrong as those who sin and take advantage of the grace of God. And unlike many, I do believe salvation can be lost. I do believe God intended it to be once saved always saved, but I do believe one can renounce Jesus and lose their salvation. That is a whole different topic I suppose but there are many scriiptures to support it in my view. I just don't believe that sin only can make a person lose that salvation. Continuous sin over a long period of time constantly hardening the heart can lead to a renouncing of Jesus however I do believe.

Hebrews 3:12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

14For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Here are I believe some guidelines that must be met before a person is in a condition that they can never return to God, and so in reality I do believe it is a rare thing. Almost unbelievable that anyone would even want to, but Paul gave several examples of those he trusted that betrayed him and then left the faith for other things.

Hebrews 6:4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Anyway, my 3 little girls think they are starving so I should thus end here. :) Sorry so long just to express why I believe a person can be saved and still sin a great deal...

Caitlin Lorraine

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.484 sec, (4)