CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: No, you're not a freak, he is.

Views: 2,906
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,271,972

Re: No, you're not a freak, he is.

Well, you REALLY hit it on the head! Everything you said.

I vividly remember having that "feeling" at those 3 settings you mentioned.

I guess I did always had that need to present myself as tough and polite (still do). I've been raised that way, and I also prefer to handle things that way because it's easier than allowing other people to see that I'm uncomfortable. I also thought that mixing toughness and politeness would prevent situations like this. How wrong I was.

I guess it's my way of trying to hide that part of me that feels insecure or weak. I was never allowed to be weak; it was always "laugh instead of crying, because it costs as much energy" and "don't be a baby" so it's almost funny now I realize it has actually become my weakness.

The politeness can be a nuisance, because its been a part of me for so long that it's as natural as breathing. My parents always made a big deal of making sure I was a good, well mannered and polite kid, "unlike those brats you see today."

I'm actually going to have some trouble getting comfortable with suggestion number 3. But you're right (I wonder how many times I'm going to say that ;-) ) and I'm going to make sure that I'll listen to that "inside voice" speaking from now on. I never realized it could've gone wrong in so many ways. I'm lucky it ended the way it did.

But that's why I posted here. My "intuition" and my ethics (or whatever you may call my need to be tough or polite) clashed and I really didn't know what to think about it anymore. It happened before, but not like this and I thought I was simply overreacting (again that clash.) I really needed someone else's view on it.

So, thanks for clarifying. Thanks for waking me up. And thanks for your support and kind words.

I won't be making that mistake again.

And it proves what posting to a support forum can do for you.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

5.578 sec, (1)