Wow I'm not crazy!!!! It's the mirena

Clarkia Extra Strong
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

More
More
spudlydoo Views: 1,541
Published: 13 years ago

Wow I'm not crazy!!!! It's the mirena

I have been reading all the posts on this site and I am so glad that we have the internet, otherwise I would have gone on thinking that I was going mad. I have never posted on a forum before but have decided to post on this one as it has helped me to realise that I'm not crazy and all the symptoms I have been having are do to this nasty little bit of plastic in my womb.

I had the mirena inserted in Oct 2005 after very heavy periods left me sick and worn out. My local GP recommended it to stop the heavy bleeding and pain I had every month. I live in a very isolated country town in Australia and did not have access to a gyno unless I travelled 800km. The local doctor inserted the mirena and for the first year or so it seemed ok, but I didn't realise that the symtoms I was having were due to the mirena. I was told by the GP that the mirena only effected the womb and did not get into the bloodstream. As the womb has a blood supply I didn't think this could be right.

I started experiencing hair thinning, weight gain (10kgs in 6 months), really violent mood swings and Depression and no sex drive at all. This has been the worst time of my life. I have also had problems with very low blood Sugar to the point of fainting. I didn't know what was happening, had tests for thyroid problems, liver problems, diabetes but everything came back within the normal range. I stopped going to the doctor because I felt like a fool telling him all these symptoms and feeling like I was a hyperchondriac.

I couldn't lose the weight I had gained no matter what I did, I'm a very active person, my job involves up to 15km a day of walking, I play golf and ride horses. I tried just not eating and still the weight wouldn't move.

After reading this forum and many others on the mirena side effects I felt like I finally knew what the problem was. I talked to some of my friends who had the mirena and they told me they were having the same problems.

My doctor wouldn't remove the mirena and as we have limited medical care in my town I decided to take the thing out myself. This turned out to be very easy, and I had no pain. I had some bleeding for about 4 days after I took it out and then nothing. I felt so much better after removing the mirena , no more bloating, already starting to lose weight, no more water retension and my moods are so much more even. My partner can't believe the change, I even want to have sex again.

Sorry this post was so long but if it helps someone else to realise they are not going crazy than its worth it.

Thank you to all the women who have posted on this forum and continue to post. I will update my post in about a week to let you all know how I'm getting on.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.796 sec, (2)