CureZone   Log On   Join
Thanks Mo123, and a bit about retirement......

More
More
Corey Views: 546
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,316,089

Thanks Mo123, and a bit about retirement......

Thanks for the accolades. I was catching up when I ran across your post. Your forum is so prolific I have a hard time keeping up with all of it.

Somehow I get the feeling you and I are in agreement about not letting anyone upset our day, no matter how hard they try. I remember an incident from long ago at a market. In the checkout lane, the man in front of me was giving the young, female clerk a hard time over something she had no control. She was kind to the individual, while not letting it bother her. After he left, I told the clerk how much I admired her handling of the situation. Her reply was, "He has his own space and the ability to treat it as he pleases. I have my space and I DECIDE how it will be treated. No one can spoil it.I am happy with my space and feel sorry for the gentleman." Powerful message and it has stuck with me ever since. I do try to live by that.

As for retirement and busy, I seem to be much more busy than before. I do get more sleep and that helps a lot. I retired right at the time for leaves to fall off the trees here and I have spent a good bit of time collecting leaves. I grind them and bag 'em for mulch in next years garden and some for composting. Lots of things in the yard and outbuildings that need my attention and I never had the time before. Now I do. Some days I call up an old friend or one calls me and I will be off for several hours of good fellowship. Many of my old classmates are dead and I have no clue how much longer I will be here, so I am taking advantage of the time now. I do spend a good bit of time with my great granddaughter. I am the major man in her life. One of the situations that her dad is simply a sperm donor. He has not seen her in over a year and could not care less that he has a child. Should not be that way, but it is. She constantly tells me that she is glad that I retired. This past summer I took her once a week to a swimming pool and taught her to swim. When school started, I joined the local YMCA so we would have a place to go swimming all winter. I do stay very active and love every minute of it.

I wish I could read all of Cure Zone that I want to, but I do have to limit my time here. Your forum is truly a blessing for me and I do know that the forum is actually an extension of you. Lots of good folks on CZ and some others that were very upbeat have moved on. I sure miss them, but they have their own path to walk.

Gotta go for now, but rest assured there are many of us that are mighty glad you are here. Keep on being MO123!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corey

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.211 sec, (2)