ANOTHER - Took it out myself

Clarkia Extra Strong
Clarkia Tincture 2 oz, 4 oz, 8 oz, and 16 oz

More
More
mirenashock Views: 1,453
Published: 13 years ago

ANOTHER - Took it out myself

A friend of mine mentioned reading about side effects with the Mirena and I googled and found this forum a couple of days ago and immediately went to the bathroom and took the damn thing out.
May seem drastic--but here's why:
I've had the thing in for a little over 5 years--I got the Mirena b/c I can't tolerate the hormones in pills and other methods (they make me ANGRY and mood swingy) and I'm already on meds for hereditary Depression and the GYN said this would be just the thing...
WELL.
I got it when I got engaged and have been SO depressed and angry and annoyed that I thought I just couldn't stand living with my hubby and was never meant to be married (which may still be true, but still...) I was suicidal.
I used to have occasional migraines--they became CONSTANT. Three days on, one day off. Mixed headaches, migraines and "tension" headaches that never let up. Went to neurologists--started taking Topomax for that.
I thought the weight gain, lethargy, hair loss, and double-vision resulted from taking the Topomax for the last couple of years.
The final straw was the memory loss and mental fog. The day I googled this forum, my friend asked me (on Monday) what we did for the weekend--I couldn't for the life of me remember where we went to eat on Friday! I had been getting progressively more "out of it" for months--
Anyway--as soon as I took the thing out--I was immediately more clear headed and the Depression is much better. I will be telling my shrink of course b/c he was REALLY perplexed and reluctant to put me on any more meds than I was already on.
The GREAT thing is--i'm going to start weaning off the topomax and see if the IUD WAS causing the migraines--if so, I'll be rid of the IUD AND the topomax--(at least doctors ADMIT topomax has side effects) and whoever is causing whatever will be out of my life.

I'm going to ask for a copper IUD since it doesn't have hormones. Anyone have any experience with that?

I'm trying to read everyone's posts, but I would appreciate any feedback anyone can give--I'm REALLY freaked out thinking my body is totally screwed up now.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.234 sec, (2)