CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: rough draft

mirenashock Views: 1,605
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,338,204

Re: rough draft

mamaj

sorry I haven't replied--haven't checked my email or the site in a few days--having a rough time.

This is GREAT. We need to doublecheck the manufacturer--as I think I've seen someone other than Bayer associated with the device.

How the black box warning works is, the FDA will require the manufacturer to supply a med guide separate from what usually comes with the drug. I don't know for sure if the doctor is then required by law to provide the patient the information or not. I would assume so, BUT this is not necessarily true.

This is why I suggested 2 -petitions--1 to AMA for full disclosure and 1 to FDA for black box warning. I'll see if I can find the exact details for the law/requirement, but I'm pretty sure it's more a check on the manufacturer than the doctor. I don't think anyone is enforcing the distribution end. The med guides have to be submitted to the FDA for black box drugs, so that end is enforced, I know.

I think with 2 petitions, we keep the text shorter, keeping the emphasis on the fact that serious side effects are occurring(FDA), and that doctors are not informed/responsive to patient issues (AMA).

We can use all the content you've got here (GREAT BTW) if we do this.

What do you think?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

4.453 sec, (1)