CureZone   Log On   Join
presspack to go with website/petition

mirenashock Views: 3,684
Published: 12 years ago

presspack to go with website/petition

I'm working materials for the "movement" against mirena (to go with the website and petition) --and I'm trying to create a presspack that can be sent to media, dr's, women's health groups--anyone who needs to know or who can help get the word out.

I'm collecting content and wanted to see if anyone else knew of documents that could/should be included.

So far, I am including:

1. Cover/Intro Letter - as a concerned "survivor," pointing out women are reporting adverse side effects and not receiving appropriate counseling from their dr's (links to forums)--physician information lists side effects that patient information does not (manu link), yet Dr's seem unaware or unwilling to recognize these effects. Most women report Dr's refuse to consider possibility of Mirena as cause...leading to unneccessary tests, treatment, and misdiagnosis. Such is the concern that a petition is circulating to require the FDA to update patient information and require Dr's to address with patient (link), several women have produced websites to share their experiences and warn other potential users (links). Explain presspack is designed to provide information not acknowledged by dr's, and samples of real women's accounts of adverse side effects.

2.copy of petition contents (yay).

3.copy of physicians information for MIUD from manufacturer.

4. Sample stories from forums (quoted with forum screen names).
I wanted to separate these into sections illustrating particular side effects:
psych - (depression/irritability/anxiety/loss of sex drive) physical (thyroid/weight gain) neuro (tinnitus, double-vision, tingling in extremities, headaches/migraines), etc. with a section for all the accounts of dr's saying it "couldn't be" the Mirena.

Suggestions? Feedback?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.453 sec, (1)