CureZone   Log On   Join
Want to start supplementing; have questions

RockChalkMom Views: 2,014
Published: 14 years ago

Want to start supplementing; have questions

I am new to posting in the CureZone Forums , although I have spent many hours reading information in the Iodine Support, Iodine Supplementation, and Liver Flush Support Forum s as well as various threads in other forums. I would like to start supplementing with Iodine and have a few questions:

1. I see that selenium is an important companion nutrient. In the past when I have attempted to take selenium, it has made me extremely fatigued (a B-complex supplement has the same effect--I can take B12 and Folic Acid alone with no problem).

2. I currently take 90 mg of Armour and 25 mcg of Levothyroxine (the Levo is to satisfy my doctor). I want to continue to be able to monitor my TSH, free T3, and free T4 levels periodically. I was under the impression that iodine supplementation interferes with TSH results (causing them to appear artificially high). Is there any truth to this?

3. Just out of curiosity, I am wondering about the salt pushes. I realize the purpose of the salt pushes is to help move halogens out of the body, but do they also interfere with the absorption of iodine? (From the forum description: "Because of the high chloride content in table salt , some experts estimate that only about 10% of the iodine in iodized salt is actually absorbed.") Is it important to do the salt pushes away from iodine ingestion, or does it matter?

I would be happy to provide more details about myself and why I want to start the iodine, but I'll start with these questions. Thanks!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

0.313 sec, (1)