CureZone   Log On   Join
please help, my daughter not coping

karen5 Views: 1,770
Published: 12 years ago

please help, my daughter not coping

Hi, I am a mum to an 18 yo with ADHD. She was diagnosed at aged 7, and was on ritalin from then till she was 17... Now, she has gone off ritalin, and is taking nothing.... She is engaged, and living with her fiance, and has just found out they are expecting a baby !!! ( caved my world in I can tell you !! ) anyway, they have decided to continue with the PG, and get married...

my fear is, her moods are all over the place, she can have bouts of extreme anger, sometimes leading to violence. Her and her fiance fight all the time over her behavior, and I am so scared about how she is going to manage a new baby ??? I believe she needs to be on some other form of medication , I would imagine ritalin could be dangerous during PG, but what other meds are available ??? i believe she is suffering from depression, and she was put on an anti depressant after going off the ritalin, but she only took it for a little while...... she has been to many councelling sessions, with little or no benefit......

I am so scared, and really dont know what to do to help her.... Her moods are so volatile, and we only have to say one thing, and she just flies into a rage......

any help would be really appreciated

thanks, Karen

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

3.891 sec, (1)