This might be a bit verbose, but I would love everyone's help! I have spent the past week reading all the past posts and they have been VERY helpful!
I have been battling Candida since I was 11 or 12, but I just found out last year what was actually wrong with me. I have had terrible stomach problems, chronic vaginal yeast infections, brain fog, hives, chemical sensitivities... etc. My poor parents took me from doctor to doctor and nobody had any answers. I spent years on Antibiotics and every other medication to try to fix me. I guess this made it worse. I was on birth control from 19 to 25, which probably also worsened the problem. I was diagnosed with celiac (turns out I don’t have it), and I was diagnosed with IBS, and lots of other things. My diet is better than 90% of people because I work in the natural products industry, but I think years of Antibiotics and bad diet as a kid is what caused this…
Anyway, last year I went to a naturopathic doctor and she told me I had extremely high levels of Candida, which have developed into leaky gut syndrome. She started me on the Candida diet and made me take glutamine for my leaky gut syndrome. I got sick at first, and then I started to feel better. Then, I went off the diet. Silly me.
The first time I did this diet I tried Threelac. I didn't stay on it for more than a week because I went to my naturopathic doctor and she said I had dangerous strands of bacteria that I had not had before... The only thing I changed was taking Threelac, so I immediately stopped taking it and will not try that product again.
One year later I am back on the diet and doing everything to make sure I am doing this right. I have been doing the diet for about 3-4 weeks. The second week in I had terrible brain fog, anxiety, one day I vomited and I fainted 2 or 3 times. I assume that was my die off period. I’m feeling a little better, but not 100%. I actually have no idea what it is like to feel 100%. I hope it’s amazing!!
This is what I am currently doing and there are some questions mixed in here too..
1. I started the diet. I am only eating vegetables, eggs and small amounts of brown rice, quinoa and beans. I had corn chips one or two days, but only organic and only very small amounts. I won’t do that again. I have to eat some carbs because I am a vegetarian and I was 5’8” and 115 pounds. I was not too thin, but I have already lost 10 more pounds so I need to keep some weight on. I tried avocadoes and lots of olive oil and coconut oil, but the weight kept coming off. So… I had to eat some brown rice, quinoa and hummus. What else can I eat?
2. I started the P&B shakes a week ago. However, I have been a bit constipated since starting these…
3. I am rotating anti-fungals every 4 days. (coconut oil, goldenseal, apple cider vinegar and pau d’arco tea)
4. I ordered the Humawork parasite cleanse… just in case I have these too. Can I do this at the same time as the anit-fungals?
5. I do the salt water flush one or two days a week and have started drinking Smooth Move tea once in a while to keep my bowels active.