CureZone   Log On   Join
Abdominal hernia and water fasting (and a couple other questions)

MishiTwin Views: 8,338
Published: 14 years ago

Abdominal hernia and water fasting (and a couple other questions)

Hi all, I'm new here.. and sorry for the wall of text. =)

My name is Zielle, I'm 29, and I have a long history of attempting Water Fasts only to prematurely break them after the 3rd or 4th day.
My reasons have always been for health since I'm a little overweight and I've been worried about blood pressure and a generally worn-down and weakened body resulting from a poor diet. I have just been told I am exhibiting signs of sleep apnea and the chronic fatigue is just terrible.

With renewed motivation and determination, I've decided that it was time again but there would be no room for failure. This had to happen.
Subsequently, I am on day 7 of this fast and it has been surprisingly easy.. short of some weakness and a once-a-day psychological hunger attack. My goal is to make it to at least 15 days, although I'm shooting for 30.

I have a few questions though.. things I couldn't find answers to anywhere so I was hoping someone here would help me with them.

About 2.5 years ago I had my appendix removed via open surgery (not laproscopically.. the surgeon was old-fashioned and said it took too long).. a few weeks later I was having complications from that surgery and over time, this large bulge grew where the surgery scar was. Whenever I ate, I'd experience a throbbing pain right in that area that wasn't very pleasant.
I'm assuming it's a surgical hernia since I don't have medical insurance and can't afford to see a doctor unless it's an immediate emergency (I live in the states).

I'm wondering if Water Fasting will conflict with an intestinal hernia and cause problems now or whenever I resume eating again. Everything has seemed to move through my intestines just fine since the surgery, just painfully depending on what I eat. On day 7, the bulge (that even caused me to go up a few sizes) isn't any smaller. Since I will probably have to live with this forever, I don't want to make it worse.

Another thing I couldn't find is info on how fasting affects hormones. I read that it stimulates growth hormones but what about my estrogen and progesterone levels in general?

I also read that for 2 weeks after the fast, the person tends to experience hunger more frequently and more largely than normal. Is it really that long? I thought it was only for about 5 days or so.
Would raw fruits and vegetables suffice during this time?

Again, thank you ahead of time for any help and advice you can provide me. You're all wonderful and I really feel welcome here =)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

0.363 sec, (2)