CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fleas and Zappers

Anja Views: 1,684
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,389,053

Re: Fleas and Zappers

I looked up your website, some good information.

I have spent a lot of time reading about DE for fleas, and it seems like some people and dogs get skin and mucous membrane irritation from it, as well as some breathing difficulty when inhaled. I am a little reluctant to use it in the house or on the Havanese puppy I'm bringing home next month, though I want to avoid all chemical heartworm and flea control. I'm not sure what to expect in a double-coated dog like havanese with DE in terms of grooming and drying of the coat, as well. I'm also not sure how it's going to repel fleas if it's a mechanical killer. I plan to use the beneficial nematodes on the lawn and figured I would order the Flea Treats for the B-vitamins since they claim to have a correct balance for dogs with good effectiveness in flea repelling. I plan to feed a raw diet, probably commercial frozen raw this time (like Nature's Variety medallions, etc.), but I'm still on the fence about whether raw bones are safe. Maybe some small chicken necks.

Also, is it really safe to use the DE internally? I have a holistic vet in SE Michigan I feel pretty good about, but it's been awhile since I visited her (no dog the past 5 years) and I'll have to see what she thinks about it. Nobody ever talks about the fact that we all carry parasites and worms, our pets and us both, and I have been looking for a gentle but effective way to continuing regular "de-worming" on my dog. I'm leaning toward herbals, but even those can be toxic to the liver if over-used.

By any chance are you in MI? I'm wondering what vet you use.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

2.625 sec, (1)