CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Probiotics: Part 5

Cheshire77 Views: 1,150
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,410,377

Re: Probiotics: Part 5

Yes, I don't see why one can't do HBI by one's self. In my googling I have come across a few people who have successfully done it. The procedures and equipment is available. The biggest problem is finding a suitable donor and doing the tests to make sure they are clear of any nasty bugs.

I have made an appointment to see one of Dr Borody's colleagues in a fortnight. I don't know if I will qualify for HBI, because I don't have an acute intestinal problem (chronic, but manageable on low carb diet). I am also concerned about their standard procedure of giving ABx to clear out all existing bad (and good) bacteria before implanting the donor's bacteria. Although I understand why this is done, I think it also raises the risk of ending up worse off. I know of several people who have done HBI at Dr Borody's clinic who have not had any long term benefit. In fact one case I came across was worse afterwards, and blamed the ABx.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.516 sec, (1)