CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: True Love

More
More
Corey Views: 760
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,451,897

Re: True Love

Several years ago I posted about a man I saw tending to his wife that had alzheimer's. I am copy/pasting the post below. It took place in Sanford, Florida. While reading the story above I wondered if it could possibly be the same man.

Here is the post:

Over my life I have seen many couples that had been married for a long time and still enjoyed each others company a lot. But the best illustration of a love and devotion was something I witnessed for myself.

My mother had alzheimer's and she lived in Sanford, Florida. When she reached a point that she reconized no one, we placed her in a nursing home that specialized in alzheimer's. In the same home there was a woman with advanced alzheimer's and already drawn up into the fetal position with the mouth open. Each morning, 7 days a week, her husband would show up dressed immaculately with a white shirt and stay all day feeding, bathing, massaging and anything he could for her. She had long ago stopped knowing him. He would go home at night and be back early next day. How he must have loved her.

He made a lifelong impression on me.

Corey

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.410 sec, (1)