CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: For Bemmer: Blasto (Blastocystis) program

missv Views: 12,602
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 763,191

Re: For Bemmer: Blasto (Blastocystis) program

Hi all

I am in Australia, was diagnosed with blastocystis caught while living overseas, must have had it for over a year. I am now half way through the triple Antibiotic drug therapy as recommended by Jackie on badbugs.org. My main symptoms are chronic fatigue, bloating, farting, serious depression, lethargy, food intolerance (wheat, milk, artificial colourings etc) tiredness after eating, sore joints, stomach aches.

Five days in it is not pleasant, the side effects of the drugs are intense. However if this gets rid of the blastocystis it will be worth it. I am a vegetarian any way but have decided to try to eat only non processed foods which don't contain tyramine for the duration of the treatment. Here is a bit of a diary of the experience if you are interested:

Two days prior to starting I ate only vegetables and water.

One day prior I ate only home made veggie broth and drank water and herbal tea, then took Pico Prep. This is what my doctor advised. Pico Prep is a laxative solution for people going in to surgery for colonoscopies. Had severe runs for the evening and some of the next day. I then actually felt really good, clear headed and full of energy.

Day one: Half an hour after I took the pills I got a severe headache and my brain fogged up to the point of being unable to complete a sentence. An few hours after taking the pills this eased up. Ate mostly steamed veggies and an egg.

Day two: Starting to feel a bit nauseaus and the head hurts after taking the pills. Red heat radiating through my back muscles. No appetite at all, had to force myself to eat pumpkin soup and home made hommous. Very hot in the liver area and sweating a lot. Super sensitive to noises and lights.

Day three: Ok during the day. Went food shopping and had to stop and lie on the ground due to nausea. Was riding on a motorbike and had to stop to puke. Worse at night. Could not sleep all night due to feet feeling like they are burnng then going numb. Could only eat very small amounts of veggies and hommous. In bed most of the day. Horrible metallic taste in mouth.

Day four: Fine during the day but horrid at night. Terrible headache and burning feet. My sweat smells wretched. Lay in the garden for most of the day. Ate fruit and muesli.Metallic taste pervades all food.

Day five: Felt so bad I called a friend in desperation at 6 in the morning. Went to get a reiki treatment from her the nausea eased. Managed to ride my bike for ten minutes. Then back to bed. Sore joints. Metallic taste in mouth.

Throughout the treatment my poo has been bright orange and smells of nothing, which is funny cos usually I'm a real stinker! Also my urine looks like the colour of coca cola even though I have been drinking 2 litres at least of water each day.

On the positive: my skin and eyes are clearer than they hae been in a long time and my mood is beter than it has been in sooooo long. I feel almost like these drugs are anti-depressants... was the bug having that much of an effect?

Any how will update again with the results for anyone who is interested.

Cheers

missv

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.422 sec, (2)