CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Shaving---Need encouragement

English John Views: 4,847
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,474,363

Re: Shaving---Need encouragement

Hi Dipper,

I shaved a year ago. I've been a sufferer for about 15 years, and the condition became completely uncontrollable with any medicines (I didn't want accutane).

I have some big scars on my scalp from a previous operation, so shaving was the last resort for me, as I knew that people will stare at my huge scars.

But........it was the best thing I've ever done. The infection subsided from the minute I shaved, I fell 100% cleaner, and have been able to pretty much control it since.

I now always wear a hap/cap to hide my scars, and nobody takes a second glance.

I understand that it's a much bigger issue for women, but in my opinion, I think it's better to shave earlier than later. the quicker you can get on top of it, the less chance of being left with big scarring, and stronger infection.

I now only spray my scalp 2-3 times a day with H202, and use Oil Of Oregano occassionally if I feel a pimple coming (on may face, as I also suffer from it there, but the Oregano has all but cleared it up).

All meds have gone in the bin, I feel in control again, and most importantly, I have a healthy, medicine free body again.

Good luck, and if you're worried about your apprearance, PLEASE DON'T BE!!

People get used to it in no time, and you'll feel 1000 times better for beating this beast we all fight :)

I did try to regrow my hair, but the infection came back. i've not read about anyone who has managed to grow hair again, unfortunately.

BUT, there are lots of new medicines in the pipeline, and I am confident that within 2-3 years, we will have a new med to clear this up (particularly DestinyPharma XF-73)

Keep posting, and if possible, please post photos. If you don't want to post photos with your face, feel free to send them to me, and I can paste out your eyes etc., so nobody can see your identity.

I think photos are a huge help for people in the future who are in the same position as you are now, and I was a year ago.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.016 sec, (1)