Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
  Views: 1,350
Published: 12 years ago

Hypothryoid and Bipolar Disorder

Hi,

I've just been reading about the connection between the thyroid and Bipolar Disorders. That was quite a discovery for me since meds have done nothing to help me over the years. I took Lithium at one time and almost went "through the roof" mentally. I felt so charged up mentally and physically and it didn't feel good or natural. It was scary. Of all the things I've taken over the years I'll never forget the way I felt on Lithium. I was so desperate for something to work that I let my doctors put me on it again 4 years later with the same results. I quickly got off. I couldn't handle it. Of the 10 or so other meds I was on I could at least deal or at best get some benefit from them. Not lithium.

People have mentioned to me that I'm "bi-polar". Some family members joke that I'm bi-polar because my moods do go up and down pretty bad, more so the last few years. A lot of times I'm not even aware that I'm going back and forth. How bad is that? When they do say it they say it in a playful manner but when a couple people say the same thing it gets you thinking. Of all the things they could say why would they use that exact term.

I tend to have more Hypothryoid symptoms rather than Hyperthryoid but I do have a few Hyper symptoms like anxiety, racing heart, sleep disturbances, restlessness, irritability. I feel totally energyless yet am really hyper at the same time. I gain weight like Hypo but can lose weight like Hyper. It goes both ways. I don't know. I'm am going to take my basal temps ever morning for the next week to confirm one or the other.

One symptom to mention would be a "swollen gland" feeling in my throat. I have trouble swallowing sometimes and have sleep apnea that surgery or CPAP couldn't touch/fix. It can feel like a sore throat when there isn't really a reason for it to feel like that. I hope that made sense. I had my tonsils out a few years ago so it can't be that.

I have been diagnosed with low adrenals which got into researching the thyroid which led me to this bi-polar/thyroid connection.

My question is bi-polar related more to hypothryoidism or hyperthyroidism? Can it be both?

I just saw this tonight for the first time. Can anyone shine some light on it for me?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.109 sec, (2)