Re: Progesterone Leads To Inflammation, Scientists Find

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 2,846
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,484,851

Re: Progesterone Leads To Inflammation, Scientists Find

I think the 'yam cream' is the same stuff more or less as progesterone cream.

No, wild yam contains diosgenin, which only has an extremely weak progesterone-like effect. Same principle as phytoestrogens compared to estrogens. Its weaker properties can can help can help mildly balance the hormones, and it supports the adrenals at the same time. Wild yam can also occupy receptor sites helping to antagonize some of the excess progesterone.

I'm thinking I may try weaning the progesterone cream instead of continuing to go totally without as many symptoms of menopause seem to be coming back. Perhaps that way I can give the supplements I've started more time to kick in.

This is a good idea. I usually have women take the vitex two months before going off the progesterone creams so their body has kicked in its own progesterone first. You can still start reducing your progesterone use though while waiting for the vitex to kick in.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.329 sec, (1)