CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: HELP Do I need Iodine or a different kind?

willwillbee Views: 3,313
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,496,908

Re: HELP Do I need Iodine or a different kind?

I haven't found a lot of answers, so I don't know how qualified I am to even respond, but will give you my thoughts anyway.

The greatest thing I did for my health was switching to a low carb way of eating 6 years ago. Normalizing blood pressure, blood sugar, insulin, cholesterol, triglyercerides & hormone levels are all bonus features of doing a low carb way of eating. This will replace metformin.

I couldn't start healing til after I drastically changed my diet and I *thought* I had a healthy Diet previously.

It's my understanding that taking thyroid hormones with adrenal dysfunction will not work & will give you hyper symptoms. This was true in my case. My thyroid lab tests were always midrange normal, which didn't match my symptoms. With a 95F basal body temperature & many more symptoms pointed to obvious thyroid dysfunction. My lab tests did show serious adrenal dysfunction with symptoms to match. I started on Armour had bad reactions & quit while I took Enzymatic Therapy ADRENergize (formerly Adrenal Cortex Complex) for 2 years (which I knew within a couple of hours that this was what I needed). After my adrenals healed (with the Enzymatic ADRENergize that I took as needed up to 5 per day) I restarted on Armour with no adverse reactions, but I (slowly increasing quarter grain every few weeks) got up to 3x maximum dosage (13 grains) without reaching my optimal dosage OR going hyper or fixing hardly any of my symptoms. I had some benefit but it seems the thyroid hormones weren't reaching the cellular level, no matter how much I flooded my system.

I started reading about Dr.David Brownstein using Iodoral (the pill form of Lugol's solution of Iodine) to treat hypothyroidism. He had little success with only Iodide & says thyroid hormones are wrong treatment. It does not deal with Iodine deficiency problem. All cells need Iodine to function. All glands need Iodine to produce hormones.

So 3 months ago, I stopped thyroid hormones & started iodine therapy, slowly increasing the dosage. I have nothing to report so far, but the more I research the more hopeful I am. I believe hypothyroid is just another symptom and not the problem. I now believe that everyone needs iodine & the unhealthy need much higher doses.

There seems no controversy about halogen displacement, accepting this theory explains the deficiency of iodine & Iodide which needs to be supplemented daily (since it flushes from the system on a daily basis).

Anecdotal information from around the web seems to be 95% positive for Lugol's solution of iodine or Iodoral. The only negatives I have found are some people with no positive response (but no negative either)

From what I've read, kelp shouldn't be mixed with iodine therapy. Kelp may be fine for the healthy but it doesn't seem to be appropriate (sufficient) for the severely ill.

Your doctor being a believer in Armour makes me feel confident in your doctor but there is so much completely contradictory information from what was taught in medical school. It's important for you to educate yourself in your health. I would suggest you get Brownstein's book, "Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It"

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.547 sec, (2)