CureZone   Log On   Join
Hormones

ejoy3502 Views: 2,201
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,503,484

Hormones

Thanks for your reply. I definitely think I am living proof of hormone receptions being shut down.

My follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) level is over 100. As you may know, this is the hormone that women's bodies secrete to tell their ovaries to ovulate. The FSH of most women my age (41) is much lower (like 10, give or take). SO my body is over-stimulating my ovaries - it pumps out massive amounts of FSH - and yet my ovaries still do not ovulate. As a result, I am in a menopausal type state - low estrogen and progesterone.

The sad thing is when this all first started happening to me a couple years ago, I researched Iodine as a remedy. I bought Dr Brownstein's book and a bottle of Lugols and started taking it. Then I went to a homeopathic Dr and she talked me out of it.

I am kicking myself right now because I would have been 2 years into Iodine therapy instead of under 2 months. I had hoped to have another child so it is devastating on a really deep level.

After the homeopathic Dr, I ended up going on Hormone Replacement Therapy (through another Dr). I went off it this past Spring to see if my body would kick in without HRT. The problem is without HRT, I put my body in risk of developing Osteoporosis (from estrogen deficiency). So, I am really impatient for the Iodine to do its magic. I really prefer not to go back on HRT either. Plus I am tired of carrying around the extra 10 to 15 pounds from hypothyroidism. Plus, hot flashes blow.

Anyway, better late than never, I guess. Hope this post wasn't too long and self-absorbed :-)

E

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.859 sec, (1)