CureZone   Log On   Join
adverse reactions to KI one in ten million

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

New lower prices!
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
trapper/kcmo Views: 5,537
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,518,336

adverse reactions to KI one in ten million

i wouldnt think there would be enough in there to make any difference one way or the other.

my first experience with Iodine was with potassium iodate. it is no longer approved for the "nuke pills", according to whatever governing agency inthe US determines these things. its potassium Iodide all the way.

here is an article by a supplier of nuke pills"

http://www.nukepills.com/potassium-iodate-vs-potassium-iodide.html

the tiny bit in any salt or bread is negligible, imo.

interesting tidbit in this article:

First, from the standpoint of safety and side effects, there is no question that potassium Iodide (KI) is superior. It has been studied for over 100 years and used as a pediatric cough-cold medicine at much larger doses over this time with hardly any problems. In fact, the FDA has concluded that for use among the general population, there are “not sufficient grounds from which to conclude, or even to suggest, a significant and quantifiable proportion of serious reactions.” (Symposium on Health Aspects of Nuclear Power Plant Incidents: Recommendations on the Use of Potassium Iodide: An FDA Update; April, 1983)

********** The expected frequency of adverse reactions to KI in doses needed for thyroid blocking is as low as 1 in 10 million, and these are almost always mild and fully reversible.**************
-----------------------------------------------------------

and to review, here are the dosages for KI nuke pills by age:
One dose every 24 hours. Take one dose as soon as possible and then every 24 hours at the same time each day. Take potassium Iodide only when exposed to radioactive Iodine as notified by state or local public health officials. Pills are double-scored for easy separation is desired. Follow this FDA Guideline for administering to young children if desired.

Age 18+* -----------130mg daily (One IOSAT tablet)
Age 3 - 18 -----------65mg daily (1/2 IOSAT tablet) - Adolescents approaching adult size should receive the full adult dose (130 mg).
1 month - 3 yrs. ----- 32mg daily (1/4 IOSAT tablet)
Birth - 1 month ----- 16mg daily (1/8 IOSAT tablet)

from what i can tell, this is a pretty good indicator of effective dosage to protect the thyroid from uptake of bromide and fluoride. i give my five month old puppy 30mg a week. plus we dont have fluoridated water. his teeth are the most dense intense white i have ever seen.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.609 sec, (2)