CureZone   Log On   Join
Help for your Hubby...

rotgut Views: 9,551
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 153,439

Help for your Hubby...

Hi, and thanks for the interest. If you want to get more detail about what I did, click on "All Rotguts Messages" at the top of any of my posts. I also posted about my experience in this thread last night to germanmuscleman about the details of what I did, but my old posts should cover all the bases - there aren't that many of them either, but they should all be useful.

Just for a little more history, in May I thought I might be developing a gall bladder problem. About three days after starting Niaspan for my triglycerides (prescibed when they were around 1400), I developed a moderate gnawing pain under my right rib cage. In hind sight, my hunch is that it might have been caused by drinking a few beers after taking my daily dose (oops). Anyway, I went to my Doctor, who pretty much ruled out ulcers or gall bladder problems right off the bat, saying that it was probably gastritis. He swithced my prescription to Tricor (again), gave me some Nexium trial samples, and took some blood (which revealed TC at 253 and TGs at 1285). He also scheduled a chest x-ray and abdominal ultra-sound, which later confirmed there were no problems with my "guts". A UGI this past August confirmed that I had very mild gastritis; it's amazing all the different sypmtoms with which gastritis can manifest itself.

Anyway, after getting that pain, I did a google search for "gall bladder" and "pain in my right side" and stumbled across this website. After extensive reading, I saw several posts indicating that the flush was very effective in treating elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. Since this has been my biggest medical boogey man, I figured I'd give the flush a try.

I would go and read my other posts if you want some more detail. I think the flush was the principal agent for the dramatic improvement in my lipid panel. Also, I ended up cutting my dinner portions in half, if for no other reason than abdominal discomfort from my gastritis. I also tried to cut back on the quantity of meat that I was eating, as they are a big source of triglycerides. I've also heavily restricted refined flour and sugar; you might as well be eating cement. I have stopped taking all of my prescription medicines, as well as OTC pain relief products such as aspirin or Tylenol. Hope this helps.

Rotgut

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.531 sec, (2)