CureZone   Log On   Join
It works both ways

Views: 5,197
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,536,054

It works both ways

"I have family members and friends that don't believe as I do. So, we usually talk about something else. I really don't feel the need to constantly tell them the same thing over and over. I am not of the belief that I can change anyone's mind by my own words or power, or whatever. God is the only one that can change a person's mind. But the bible does tell us to share the message with people and there is a desire for that that comes naturally if we really believe the message."

Here's where you and I differ - just a bit.  I too believe the teachings of Jesus.  I too believe the bible.  My father was a missionary to Japan before WWI and he knew the bible from end to end so you know that I got an outstanding bible education while growing up.  Yet I read it and I get an entirely different message from it - particularly regarding the teachings of Jesus.  For all those who try to "talk" me into their "Christian" persuasion, not one of them, not a single one will take even a minute to listen to my beliefs.  They think they know it all already, are convinced that I'm one of Satan's angels and that I'm going to burn in hell.  If you're going to "teach" me your belief system, you have to at least sit down and listen to mine and I'll have my bible with chapter and verse at my finger tips (particularly now that if fits nicely on a personal computer).  I've been called all sorts of names in the name of "god" and when I quote scripture I am told that the devil knows scripture too.  I always, always get retorts instead of logical reason.

It works both ways, because there are so many out there pushing their "infallible" way who refuse to believe the teachings of Jesus the way I understand them and they refuse to listen.  By the way, I don't push my views and most of my friends don't even know what of if I believe. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

0.625 sec, (1)