CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Jesus' teachings

vektek Views: 6,171
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,536,452

Re: Jesus' teachings

I don't know. There are lots of things that require deep study in the bible to understand, and then some things probably will never be understood in this lifetime. I would like to study these, and other areas more thoroughly but lack time right now with how my life currently is.
Right now I guess a simple faith in the things I already understand about Jesus will do.
A good friend of my family got into the Predarism ideas pretty heavily several years ago. She sold her house and traveled the world to meet with Predarist groups. But she died recently and at the funeral they read some letters she had written to her family and about what was important to her, and it came down to a simple faith in Jesus that was important to her. It reminded me of a story I heard many years ago about a famous theologian named Karl Barth, who had studied the scriptures thoroughly, and knew them well. He was dying, and someone asked him, what the greatest theological discovery he had made during his life. He thought for some time and finally stated, "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so!

Maybe I can get back to you down the road when I can have time to do a study on these subjects.

Thanks for writing this. I can see you would be interesting to talk to if I could have an intelligent discussion with you about all this.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.com

1.984 sec, (1)