CureZone   Log On   Join
Christmas Eve in Jordan

More
More
mo123 Views: 1,020
Published: 12 years ago

Christmas Eve in Jordan

A night in 1960 to tell.

It was Christmas Eve and mom was preparing Christmas Eve dinner.

So the dinner was something light and then we would go to church and hear a sermon about the night Jesus was born and then come home and see the presents. This year was different. As we were preparing to eat we heard Santa Claus at our door. We screamed in surprise and all ran under these white end tables we had. We hid to wait to see Santa. Mom tried to pry us out of the hiding places but we would not come. Then finally Dad appeared and mom got us to go to bed. As we pulled the covers over our heads in fear that Santa would not come, we listened intensely.

We could hear Santa placing our gifts in the home and working around the table. Mom greeted him and insisted he have some cookies and milk. Finally he screams out, "Merry Christmas to All and to all a goodnight." We heard the front door slam.

So we ran out to the living room and the Christmas tree was lit and all our presents were everywhere. Mom and Dad were hugging each other and it was a happy day. Mom went in the kitchen to bring out some peanut brittle and some tangerines too. We loved to eat all the sweet candies and we loved our life.

Dad always made Christmas so much fun. We stayed up all night playing with our toys and stuffing ourself silly. We would take the wrapping paper and stuff it all in the trash and take the gifts to our room to play.

We lived in a small house and it was a simple life. That one Christmas remained in my mind and I never forgot that day. I so hope that this Christmas eve is a night you too will remember 40 years from now. Make this day special for your Children.

The memories we make now are forever and as I wish you all a very Merry Christmas please remember one thing. I love you all and so appreciate the time we had together on this very special evening.

Sara

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.078 sec, (1)