Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
GrannyCat Views: 5,673
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,548,400

Re: Fatty Liver

I know milk thistle is good for the liver and is dandelion.† I drink Dandyblend [www.dandyblend.com], which is an instant beverage served hot or cold that has dandelion chicory and beet roots, barley and rye grains. I drink that every morning now instead of coffee. I also take milk thistle.

This might help:† http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1448103#i

Here's an excerpt from an article as well:

Treating Fatty Liver Disease

Lifestyle changes, including liver cleansing with products containing milk thistle and supplementing with advanced multi-vitamins, offer the hope of prevention. Milk thistle is believed to protect the liver from damage caused by alcohol, certain drugs, toxins, and viruses. For this reason, many researchers believe that milk thistle cleanses and vitamin supplementation can halt the progression of liver disease, as well as aid in its recovery.

While there is currently no standard for treating NAFLD, trials are presently being carried out in order to determine the course of effective treatment.

General recommendations include reducing alcohol intake, treatment of lipid disorders (problems that impair the way the body uses dietary fat), strict control of diabetes (since insulin may act as a trigger), and avoidance of certain drugs and other substances known to cause liver damage.

Eating fatty foods does not itself cause fatty liver. However, recommended treatments for NAFLD also include weight loss, exercise, and the use of cholesterol-lowering medications. Bariatric surgery is indicated in some cases.

Unfortunately, most of the available treatments are ineffective at improving liver function, and they do not delay or decrease the amount of fibrosis. However, gradual weight loss, and possibly bariatric surgery, may reduce liver abnormalities in obese patients.

Some health care providers recommend medications such as ursodeoxycholic acid (Actigall), which may help to lower elevated levels of liver enzymes in people with liver disease.

Once a patient reaches the fatty liver stage, lifestyle habits may have already contributed to weight problems, and possibly obesity. This, in turn, can lead to diabetes and high blood cholesterol, which contributes to the fermentation process in the liver that catalyzes fatty liver...a process that mirrors the results of alcohol consumption.

In the United States, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) cited sixteen studies on milk thistle's effectiveness for treating various types of liver disease. Significant improvements in liver function were found in five of seven studies evaluating the herb for alcoholic liver disease. Milk thistle was most effective for those with mild forms of liver disease.

In addition to milk thistle, herbs and nutritional supplements containing alpha-lipoic acid, N-acetyl cysteine, and Omega 3 fatty acids are also cited by some physicians as being helpful to damaged liver.

http://www.puristat.com/livercleansing/fattyliver.aspx

I'm sure HV will have some good advice too!

Marci

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.438 sec, (2)