CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Raw milk going bad???

grzbear Views: 2,835
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,550,040

Re: Raw milk going bad???

if you have never had raw goat milk before this... it can get a smell and goaty flavor to it that is not very pleasant... especially if the milking goats have a buck or two around them.

Mom has taught me a great deal about these things... It is not "bad" per se... however, it is not what one is generally used to these days.

What we think REAL food is, and what it WAS are two very different things... most people have forgotten.

I get mine raw and fresh too... and it lasts about 2 weeks before staring to slowly pick up the smell/taste over the next week... and then it gets stronger as time progresses... to a point.

I have left mine out on the counter to culture/ferment for as long as 5 days, and have drank it as much as 5 weeks old with no ill effects whatsoever... however, the taste when it sits this long, is something you get used to or not.

I suggest you try making a kefir and/or yogurt with the raw goat milk right away and see if that does not take care of the problem for you.

You can also ask if the dairy keeps the bucks separated from the milking goats. If they do not, that is likely at least a part of your answer.

grz-

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.453 sec, (1)