CureZone   Log On   Join
Wombat's find: "Bakers Review" justification for bromating bread

citingsources Views: 2,630
Published: 11 years ago

Wombat's find: "Bakers Review" justification for bromating bread

Bravo, Wommie! We may finally have a new place to look to solve the bromide substitution mystery. It's looking like the bakers may have switched back to bromating after a period of iodating flour.

//www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1556833

Was flour bromated for long before iodating it?

It seems BAKERS REVIEW published in the early 1900s (justified by Mellon researchers) found that they could cut yeast costs by adding bromide salts, is this what you got?

What strikes me from reading the article by RM Allen, "Manager Research Department, Ward Baking Company," is that he was piling on research about how wonderfully nourishing bromide was-- and how "natural" it was since it was found in nature.

It sounds like he was trying to overstate his case. Also he seemed to indicate that evidence from Mellon would FOLLOW. Like they had already drawn their conclusions and now only needed to come up with some pesky evidence.

I had some trouble downloading the whole BAKERS REVIEW. Did you get it? Is this the fabled trade journal we know must exist? Can we get later issues digitized? We need the 1970s issues. I have a medical book (somewhere here in the chaos)from the 1970s where doctors complain it's too hard to read medical scans anymore becaused of iodated flour.

Calling all internet detectives! We need to follow Wommie's find. Where is BAKERS REVIEW archived?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.438 sec, (1)