CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is Oatmeal ok to eat?

KeepTrying11 Views: 36,763
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,563,987

Re: Is Oatmeal ok to eat?

This is really why you should take all these so called Candida diets with a grain of salt. The diet's "rationale" is to starve the yeast; unfortunately, this also translates into starving you and to be on such a diet for very long periods would be dangerous. Your body needs nutrition to heal and so you should be eating a variety of healthy foods.

I eat oatmeal frequently for breakfast, and it's not even the gluten free kind. Just regular old Quick Cooking Oats. I haven't had a recurrence of Candida in the 2 years since I was treated.

Furthermore I add fresh fruit to my oatmeal, such as pineapples, apples, and rose apples. Every Candida diet out there says you should avoid fruit. Again, 2 years and no recurrence of Candida for me. 

Even though I generally don't believe in all the Candida diets, there are three things I eliminated from my diet. I no longer eat bread (or anything containing yeast), mushrooms, and alcohol. I don't know whether avoiding those foods, taking probiotic supplements, exercising regularly, or if a combination of all those things are keeping Candida at bay. But it's working for me, so I continue doing it. 

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.703 sec, (1)