CureZone   Log On   Join
Glad im not the only one

mommyof2angels Views: 3,570
Published: 12 years ago

Glad im not the only one

Im new to this, I had found this forum while searching for side effects of mirena. i have two beautiful girls 3 and 10months. i had the mirean iud put in after my last daughter, the first week was fine but it was after that i started to feel terrible. I was moody, cried all the time, wanted to sleep 24/7 had no energy or motivation, body aches, head aches, terrible pains in my private areas, continous bleeding, detached feeling, no sex drive, no appetite. I lost 10 pounds in 1 1/2 weeks, nausea, nervesness,shaking. I call my obgyn several times crying and bawling that something wasnt right, that i wanted it out, they kept telling me that no it wasnt the iud that it has little side effects and what i was telling them where none that they had ever heard of, that it had to be something else. i told them hey everyone is different i know my body and my body doesnt like this thing, so i made a appointment with my regular doctor just to make sure there was nothing else wrong with my. they did blood work and ran test and said i was fine, she said it was probably the iud that maybe my body was adjusting to it to give it another couple weeks, she gave me some zanax for my nerves. Another week went by and i was no better, i was having panic attacks, and had funny feelings in my head like something was crawling in my brain (sounds weird but dont know how to describe it) I called my regular doc back and told her I wanted this thing out. So I went and had the iud taken out after it had been in about 5-6 weeks. After that I started going into a deep depression, with severe anxiety, I felt like I was going crazy losing my mind I was scared everyminute of the day. I lost 20pounds in about a month and a half. So I had to go back to the doctor to figure out what was wrong with me. I tried to tell everyone that it was from the iud but no one believed me. My doctor told me I was going through post partum Depression and had anxiety issues and ocd. started me on a ssri. the medicine did help but it has been about 6 months since the iud was taken out and i still am not back to myself. I still have anxiety (very bad) and still feel detached from reality some days. everything "looks" different than before the iud. I wish i would have never gotten it. I worry that im never gonna feel like i did before. that im never gonna get back to myself. So I wanted to know if anyone else has had these issues besides me. And always was wondering if anyone could tell me what the 4month crash is. i had read about that in some of the postings. just wondering if i am alone in this? plz help

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.859 sec, (2)