Re: Water Kefir additives

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 2,137
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,573,846

Re: Water Kefir additives

While water kefir seems to be the rage of the day, I have a few more questions about water kefir. What can we add to it, besides ginger or coconut? For example, can I add liquid minerals

Mineral sources such as nettle leaf or alfalfa herb would be better choices. You can make a tea out of these then use these as your base. Many "trace mineral" products contain too many heavy metals.

or digestive enzymes,

I would not add enzymes. You do not want to digest the kefir grains.

or liquid vitamins to the mix?

Liquid vitamins are garbage. Vitamins are quickly destroyed in a water environment from oxidation. 

HV, you said to avoid inorganic fruit due to the sulfur content. Are there any other minerals to avoid? Would herbs be compromised if they were added?

The fruits are organic, it is the preservatives used that are not. Generally this means sulfites, which are used to help maintain the color of the fruits. If you are using fresh fruits then there should be nothing in these I can think of that would cause any problems. Just make sure to clean them well before use. Soaking the fruits in a peroxide water for 15 minutes or so. This will oxidize the herbicide and pesticide residue. Then rinse and dry before use.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

2.563 sec, (1)