Aren't they adorable? I had one when I was around 19. He had such a cute personality. But, I was terribly allergic to him, so I gave him to a friend. She loved him.
I went over there to visit all the time and that little guy had it made. She always had him out, and like you said, fed him all sorts of wonderfl veggies, etc. I think I met her at a place I worked for a short while as a phone solicitor. (what a horrible job!!!). I left there pretty quickly. My friend Martha's house was sort of party central, so Mr. Pig (as she called him) was always the center of attention.
Funny thing is, I am real allergic to cedar and that was his beddimg. I probably am not really allergic to guinea pigs.