CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Doctors stuck in a box

willwillbee Views: 13,615
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,591,166

Re: Doctors stuck in a box

At the end of one of Gary Taubes lectures, it was asked why don't we just change recommendations - Taubes says, because if a patient comes in today & a doctor recommends a low carb way of eating & he dies tomorrow of a heart attack (even though he would have died anyway) then the doctor is open to litigation of a malpractice suit for deviating from government recommendations (of a low fat, high carb diet) even though what the doctor is recommending IS malpractice.

I always wondered why I could never get a flu shot at a doctor's office. They were always "out" year after year, it didn't matter which doctor or where. I recently found out doctor's don't get flu shots (due to mercury) & potential health hazards. So the very best they can do is say nothing - isn't that a sad response.

I highly recommend everyone to listen to this. Taubes book is a hard read but his lecture is fascinating. Basically same info in abbreviated lecture, he just talks fast but a few extra nuggets in the longer version.

recent Taubes lecture - 1hr abbreviated lecture
http://www.dhslides.org/mgr/mgr060509f/f.htm

recent Taubes lecture - 1:48 hr lecture
http://webcast.berkeley.edu/event_details.php?webcastid=21216

American Heart Association's low fat, high carb recommendations are based on flimsy, faulty science. Time has proven that this does not work without a doubt. It has been proven that carbs not dietary fat cause VLDL, high triglycerides, high blood pressure & high blood sugars - yet the American Heart Association still recommends a low fat, high carb diet. American Diabetic Assc uses the AHA recommendations (for a "healthy" heart) even though the disastrous effects of carbs on a diabetic have NEVER been in dispute.

U.S. government guidelines were changed 35 years ago to suggest we lower our fat intake & increase our carb intake. American society followed these recommendations & lowered their fat intake by 11% & increased their carb consumption. In this same time frame obesity, diabetes, heart disease are all at epidemic levels. Through their direct effects on insulin & blood sugar, refined carbohydrates are the dietary cause of coronary heart disease & diabetes.

Until the govt. officially changes their recommendations, doctors can be charged with malpractice recommending anything else. We have to force a change, this info is vital to public health.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.562 sec, (2)