CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Nystatin info please

Adieu Views: 4,976
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,594,828

Re: Nystatin info please

PS

Fluconazole alone is probably your WORST choice (except for ketaconazole alone, but that is SO ancient that no one even bothers without damn good reason like total intolerance to other azoles). Any azole should at least go with natamycin (think of it as nystatin's absolutely harmless and more effective next generation), and terbinafine (pills) stacked with the azole would probably be your best bet.

Furthermore, if you don't want to experiment with different azoles (and don't have the cash for bleeding-edge new releases like voriconazole), then the choice between fluconazole and itraconazole would probably be in favour of itraconazole... ALTHOUGH, with itra, you'd have to make sure you take it on a full stomach and with something acidic as hell, because else, its absorption can be pretty random. The literature suggests cola, but if you're enough of a mess to warrant taking all this stuff, make it a DIET cola. Whatever anyone has to say about artificial sweeteners in the long term, a small amount of them for a short time is definitely harmless, especially when you're in a situation where Sugar can bugger anything and everything up for you!

...personally, I've actually experimented with concurrent half-and-half use of BOTH fluconazole and itraconazole to balance each other out, flu- as the weaker, and itra- as the less consistent, but there is little to no literature on this sort of thing, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I know damn well that I'm a risk taker, but that's for personal stuff, not with other people, and I'm also pretty sure that I'm younger, bigger, and stronger than 90% of curezone, so even my successes might mean little to others or could even present a risk to them. Furthermore, I've got some medical knowledge myself and generally know how to spot if something I just took is about to kill me, soon enough to take some sort of action - hardly something you could expect from your reader, you know???

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.391 sec, (1)