CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Feeling worse again for no reason, very worried.

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Herbal tinctures and supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Hveragerthi Views: 2,002
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,648,457

Re: Feeling worse again for no reason, very worried.

I need some help/reassurance. I'm a 29-year old female. I've had problems with depression, anxiety, and insomnia most of my life.

Check your basal body temperature to make sure this is not from hypothyroidism, which can cause some of these symptoms:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1446516#i

I started experiencing occasional hypoglycemia about 10 years ago. After a car accident 3 years ago, everything totally went downhill: Insomnia got worse, the hypoglycemia became more frequent and severe, and I could no longer deal with stress. It's gotten progressively worse, and my blood sugar started waking me up more and more frequently during the night. Last January I came home from work one day and couldn't move for about two weeks. Since then, I've been largely house-bound.

I finally found a doctor that actually believes I have a problem. I did the saliva test and found out my adrenals are under-functioning. Blood tests showed that my insulin levels are high, causing the hypoglycemia.

Not necessarily. Insulin levels rise in response to elevated glucose, which can elevate in response to stress/pain. This is because these elevate cortisol, which in turn releases stored glycogen from the liver elevating blood glucose.  But if a person has insulin resistance the elevation of blood glucose will increase insulin levels without leading to hypoglycemia since the insulin is not being utilized properly.

There are actually several forms of hypoglycemia. One is from adrenal dysfunction and the other from a lack of chromium, which also leads to insulin resistance. More on the forms of hypoglycemia:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1610489#i

I'm also on the low end of DHEA levels. Other than that, all my blood tests are always normal (including candida).

DHEA is produced by the adrenals. As you build up your adrenals your DHEA levels should come up normally. Avoid DHEA supplements, which can lead to even more problems.

I've been following the suggestions in Dr. Wilson's book. I'm taking Vit C,

Use natural sources such as papaya, watercress, berries, kiwis, acerola, etc. Synthetic ascorbic acid is extremely unstable and breaks down in less than 40 minutes if exposed to light, heat or water. Natural sources tend to be much stronger and more stable.

adrenal rebuilder, magnesium, etc. I exercise and try to leave the house whenever I can, and I push as much as I can without overdoing it. I'm on a low-glycemic diet to control my sugar levels. I've been taking melatonin for sleep, but it doesn't work any more. My doctor wants me to start 5-HTP, but I'm nervous about the side effects. I don't need to add any more bad feelings at this point.

I was feeling better for a couple months, but about two weeks ago, I fell back into the old patterns, and I have no idea why. I'm needing to eat more frequently, and I absolutely cannot sleep.

This could be either from the hypoglycemic reactions or from a serotonin deficiency.

I am so exhausted during the day, and I'm often dizzy and nauseated.

These are likely from the adrenal dysfunction. Especially the dizziness, which can occur from the drop of blood pressure from insufficient epinephrine to maintain vascular tone.

I can't even shower every day, let alone exercise or do anything else. I'm lucky to get 6 hours of sleep after laying in bed for 15 hours, and it's so broken, it's not at all refreshing. I try deep breathing, acupressure points, and massage to get back to sleep. I finally get up when I wake up with my heart pounding.

This would be from too much epinephrine being released. This can occur for several reasons including a bad dream. But it can also occur from the blood pressure over dropping first. The adrenals over react by secreting an excess of epinephrine leading to the pounding heart beat.

My chest is sometimes tight during the day.

If you mean tightness as in having trouble getting a breath this could be asthma, which also results from adrenal dysfunction.

I am desperate. I feel like I'm dying, but I wish it would just happen faster so I don't have to suffer any more. No one understands how I feel. My husband tries, but it's stressful for him to have to take care of me and all the housework. I feel a little better to read posts on here and see other people experience the same symptoms, but it doesn't really give me hope that I'll get better.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm sorry for the long, rambling post, but I'm so worried.

Here is a link to my post on building the adrenals:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1527351#i

One problem I can see you are going to have though is your high blood sugar levels. Glucose is not the only thing insulin transports. Vitamin C is also transported by insulin. The elevated glucose can inhibit the vitamin C from reaching your adrenals properly. Therefore a few things i recommend to help get your glucose under control are juniper berries 1,000mg 3 times daily, chromium polynicotinate (not picolinate) 200mcg 3 to 4 times daily and try to get as much exercise as possible. Even if this means lifting little hand weights.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.250 sec, (4)