CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: For people on Cortef/HC: When do you take it??

Views: 5,028
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,650,582

Re: For people on Cortef/HC: When do you take it??

That doctor sounds clueless sorry

Also, it helped me moderately for 2 weeks, but after that I relapsed back to the original fatigue and symptoms I had before taking HC.
If you are taking less than 20mg you can be putting your body under more stress, as 20mg is reccommend to take over your bodys supply of HC

The only 'benefit' is that it increases your appetite, which is the ironically the main reason my dr. prescribed it for me.
  lol what ?

He guessed I had AF, but said that my low weight and low BMI worried him the most, so he started me out on HC. I've been on it a year and can't wait to some day start to taper off of it.
  HE GUESSED ??????????? there are several cortisol tests available on the internet which can give tell you your cortisol levels to help determine how screwed they are and how much HC would be the ideal dose. Also trackign your temps will give you an idea if your adrenals are screwed up. By taking your basal temp every morning if the temp changes by more than 0.2oC on a daily basis your adrenals need adressing.

Never had cortisol tests done, but my lowest levels (based on symptoms) have been at night.

That said, I take 12.5 mg a day.
7:30 am: 5 mg
12:30 pm: 2.5 mg
4:30pm: 2.5 mg
8:30 pm: 2.5 mg

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.703 sec, (1)