CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How long does it take to get rid of AF?

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Herbal tinctures and supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

More
More
Iolite Views: 2,347
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,659,506

Re: How long does it take to get rid of AF?

I've been working on it for a couple of years now. But to be honest, since I went so many years hypo and untreated, I've probably had low functioning adrenals for a long time and getting pregnant and first time mom probably did me in. As it was, my daughter was 3 or 4 before I got the official hypo diagnosis and actually got some synthroid. Adrenal fatigue and synthroid are not a happy combination. I had high cortisol and have been able to get it lowered and then BAM, menopause hits (sigh). I'm working on that with some OTC bioidentical hormones from gentle pharmacy (google gentle pharmacy) and its working. But I still feel like I'm pushing 70 instead of 50 a lot of the time 'cause of sleep issues and pain from sciatica.

Right now, I'm on a prednisone high (LOVE THAT STUFF!!!). One of my cats gave me a B-A-D case of poison ivy and my good ole standby jewel weed soap, just wasn't clearing up the rash, and because it's soo hot, I'm all sweaty 'specially at night and it was spreading. I finally, after 3 horrible days of washing the rashy areas frequently with the jewel weed soap (even in the middle of the night) and not getting much sleep (a lot less than I even usually get) I threw in the towel and called my doctor for some pred. He gave me 28 tablets of 5 mg of pred. On my first day I had 35mg and I had relief the next day AND ENERGY WHEEEEEEE! It feels good. I guess this is telling me that I need some adrenal support beyond vitamins, minerals and ashwaganda. After my pred high wears down, I'm going to start tinkering with licorice and isocort and see how that does me.

I'm thinking, having my hormones crash on me didn't do my recovering adrenals any good.

Now that I think on it, way back when I was recently diagnosed, I'd get poison ivy and get prednisone and it made me FEEL BETTER. Of course when I mentioned it to my endo that I might have AF, he scoffed at the idea but agreed to a blood test (one test) and since I was in range, declared me fine. I'm guessing that getting the poison ivy rash 1-2 times a year in the early years probably helped me from going in to really bad AF.

iolite

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.344 sec, (2)