CureZone   Log On   Join
There is a good side...

Views: 2,289
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,659,457

There is a good side...

This was an excellent link. Thank you. I read all the way through, and I think what Dr. Wilson (Lawrence, not James) said at the end is profound (copied and pasted below). It speaks to me about my year and a half on this journey. Without this crisis, I would have continued on in life without turning over all the stones I have had to turn over. I truly believe my life will be better for having gone through this because I am cleaning up a lot of stuff all over the place...and yes, it may take a number of years unfortunately...

THE BLESSING OF BURNOUT (Dr. Lawrence Wilson)

Adrenal burnout can be the best thing that happens to a person. It is a wake up call. Often, some area of life is out of balance or alignment. Addressing burnout is often the starting point for a deeper exploration of self and of life at a deeper level. Most people live superficially. Correcting adrenal burnout often causes a person to begin to live at a much deeper level and to understand the body and mind from a more spiritual perspective as well.

This was the case for me, and for many patients I have worked with. I suffered from adrenal exhaustion for a number of years. As I began to understand the condition better, I made many changes in my diet, lifestyle and most critically, my thinking. I also forced myself to do coffee enemas, to walk every day, use a sauna, and to meditate daily, although I did not enjoy doing any these things, at first.
I let go of some family ties and other relationships that I discovered were toxic and harmful for me. Eventually, I also moved out of the polluted city, although the process was terrifying because I had very little energy or money to accomplish the move.
Perhaps most important was the need for more subtle changes in attitudes and mental tendencies. I realized how important it is to give up all victim thinking and negative thinking. I had to let go of thinking of anyone else as a victim, either, although that may sound like a strange attitude. I have written about this in other articles on this website.
I also dwelled upon and developed the spiritual or real part of myself. This is an incredible benefit if you can make yourself do it. In the process, I had to leave behind the superficial life style that I, like most people, had lived most of my life.
These shifts have served me extremely well, as they have served thousands of others I have since worked with. Thus, I have learned it is wrong to think that adrenal burnout, or any serious condition, is just a curse to be ďhandledĒ as quickly as possible. If you act this way, you may miss the greatest blessing of your life.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.188 sec, (2)