CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: How long does it take to get rid of AF?

kagr Views: 2,324
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,659,457

Re: How long does it take to get rid of AF?

For me, I've had burned out adrenals for over 7 yrs now, since having twins 7 yrs ago. Also, I am hypothyroid, which I have suspected for a long time, but just confirmed a few months ago when I went to doc. I have tried all kinds of herbal remedies, etc., and nothing has helped the adrenals or thyroid. I have only gotten worse. I am now on Pathroid for thyroid and Cortef for adrenals, as well as loads of vit. c, selenium, multi vit, b12 shots weekly, vit d for deficiency, Iodine in the last few weeks (hoping this will help lots of issues). I eat mostly organic and my diet is pretty good. I do drink some coffee on the weekends, but only a couple of cups. I read Dr. Diana Schwarzbein's book "The Schwarzbein Principle II" several years ago and thought "no way, surely it could not take years to recover from adrenal burnout." But, alas, yes it does, if ever.

It has been hard for me to totally commit to healing myself because I have 6 children and homeschool. I CANNOT just think of myself all the time. But, more and more, especially in the past year, I am down and out and in bed a lot. My kids are totally fantastic, as they help out a lot with everything, evening cooking. I hate not being able to do a lot of things with them or for them.

I agree with the post quoting the doc about learning from this experience, etc. And I have definitely had to put up boundaries with people who stress me. I hope in the long run I will be stronger for it all, and maybe my kids will, too, but it ain't easy. My husband has always been supportive and never criticized me or called me lazy or fat, which is a blessing because I could not have handled it. But I look in the mirror and I don't recognize myself anymore. I've gained 50 lbs (and not from overeating or eating badly, but from thyroid issues) and I look and feel old. I just want to be well again.

Hope we can all do the time to get well.

Blessings to all.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.875 sec, (1)