CureZone   Log On   Join
Help interpreting lab results for Adrenal Stress

Wawaweewa25 Views: 876
Published: 11 years ago

Help interpreting lab results for Adrenal Stress

Hey all,

I'm working with a holistic doctor and just did an Adrenal Stress test through BioHealth Diagnostics. I was under chronic stress late last year at my job and had to quit because the stress got so bad. Through a very strict anti-candida diet for 4 months, colon cleansing and mentally detoxing I feel much much better. However I'm still dealing with some gut dysbiosis issues and my practioner wanted to test my hormone levels.

I'm a 30 year old male, I work out 3-4x a week, eat very very clean, only drink water. I sleep from 11:15-7 almost every night and don't drink alcohol.

The test I did was a salvia test that measured cortisol levels a 4 different times during the day (morning, noon, afternoon and night.) It also measured DHEA levels and Testosterone. I was hoping for some feedback from those who know about adrenal health.

Morning Cortisol 10.3 (low) Reference Range: 13-24

Noon 4.1 (low) Reference Range: 5-8

Afternoon 3.2 (low) Reference Range: 4-7

Nighttime 1.2 (normal)Reference Range: 1-3

Cortisol Sum 18.8 (low) Reference Range: 23-42

DHEA-S Average 6.29 (normal)Reference Range: 2-10

Testosterone AM: 58.1 (normal)Reference Range: 40-130

Salivary Estriol: 1.7 (normal)Reference Range: 1-3

Salivary Progesterone: 57

Melatonin PM 16.2

------------------------------------------

So my cortisol levels are LOW for the morning and day time according to their reference range and normal at night. He has recommended I take a DHEA, Pregnenolone drops to help raise my cortisol levels to the normal range.

He also mentioned that the fact that my testosterone is normal and DHEA is solid means my body is still fighting whatever is throwing it out of whack.

Just trying to understand what low cortisol levels mean overall.

Lastly I take a ton of vitamins, specifically: 2-4,000mg of Vitamin C, B-complex 50mg, Vitamn E 400IU's, Cod Liver Oil, Shark Liver Oil, Magnesium 300-600mg and Calcium 250-500mg a day.

Any input on what these results mean?

Thanks so much and if there's some place I could get more info on this, I'd love if you could point me in that direction.

SUNNY

Salivary Progesterone: 57 (normal) Reference Range

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.982 sec, (2)