CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: anyone having lots of weight gain?

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
kagr Views: 13,946
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,664,099

Re: anyone having lots of weight gain?

I have eaten pretty healthy for many years, but with me, I have learned more and made better food choices as the years have gone by. I owned an organic produce company for several years and so I really learned to enjoy lots of different veggies, raw and cooked. But, I am also a meat eater, not vegetarian.

My weight was stable and normal when I got pregnant with my twins 8 yrs ago (they are 7 1/2 now). I had energy and did lots of jogging and biking, gardening, etc. I was still nursing my 2 yr old, also. The pregnancy was great, no problems at all, went full term, gained less weight than in my other 4 pregnancies, babies each weighed in at 7 1/2 lbs!!! Then the sleep deprivation started -- nursing 2 babies round the clock, and trying to take care of my 4 other kids. My mom could not come and help me for 4 wks, so it was very stressful. I remember screaming at my husband and asking him how I was ever going to recover from childbirth if I could never go lay down and rest. The recliner became my full-time spot. It was really a nightmare. My twin girls are absolutely amazing and I would not want to be without them, but that was the beginning of my adrenal/thyroid issues. My other kids have helped me so much in these years. They let me rest, my daughter (16 now) cooks almost all the time, they all do a lot.

After the twins, I never went back down to my pre-pregnant weight. I stayed about 30 lbs. overweight, even after I stopped nursing (nursed for almost 3 yrs). I was at that plateau no matter what I would or would not do. I think they were around 4 when I found the Schwarzbein book. I was able to lose a little weight if I ate several times a day and made sure I kept the carbs low like she specified. But I think I did not realize how serious my condition was at that time because I could still pump my adrenals with green tea or energy herbs or coffee. I kept thinking that I was just under a lot of stress with the kids and that it would get better. Then I started being in severe pain all the time and the weight started coming on more. The last 3 yrs I have gained 50 lbs. I would say that I have been eating heathier in the last 3 yrs because I've been progressing that way. But I have a hard time eating 5 days a day and I have a hard time keeping my carbs at 15-20 grams per meal. I can do it for a while, then I go through a time of the month that I don't care. :) Also, with now being so tired and in so much pain, I don't cook a lot and I will usually end up eating what my daughter cooks. But not excessive. And she cooks healthy meals, so it's not like I'm junking. We eat organic whole grains, organic produce, organic beans, raw organic milk (I rarely drink milk), raw organic cheeses. I have started using only rice pasta now because I started wondering about a gluten intolerance, but I have no idea.

Thanks for letting me tell my story. It feels good sometimes to rehash it all. But I guess at least I know what happened, now I just have to somehow get better. If you have any thoughts or advice, I'm open to hearing it. :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

3.188 sec, (2)