CureZone   Log On   Join
About to take cortisol test - advice?

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Google Advertisement
kindredkay Views: 819
Published: 11 years ago

About to take cortisol test - advice?

Hi guys, I am new to the forum but I just purchased the four-point saliva cortisol/female hormone panel test from my naturopath a few days ago. We aimed for me to take it this monday or tuesday.. however I have been thinking about how erratic my sleep cycle has been lately and all the stimulants I continue to consume.. So I am wondering a few things, which I hope someone here may be able to help me with.

Questions:

1) Should I take the test once I have normalized my sleep pattern, and if so - how long does it take for your body to adapt to a new sleep pattern?
2) If I change my sleep cycle, should I make it so that I am going to bed around midnight (after last sample would be taken) and waking up at 8am (when first sample would be taken)?
3) Should I stop consuming stimulants (caffeine, sugar, etc) all together or should I continue to consume them as I habitually do?

Also, in the past few days I have actually been feeling a little better.. I am not sure why, nor if this would skew my test results.. I am wondering if this is because I have missed another period/hormone changes just due to the month progressing.. So I am not sure if I should wait longer or not.

Any advice at all on how to obtain the most accurate reading possible? I am all ears and would be grateful for any and all help! I am 18, tired of being tired and too 'broke' to buy another test. I am off to university in less than a month so I REALLY need to know just where I'm truly at before I leave.

Once again, thanks so much in advance. Blessings!

Kayla

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.359 sec, (1)