1. Can andrographis & pau d arco be made into a tea?
Yes, but the pau d' arco needs to be rapidly boiled for about 20 minutes. The andrographis is added to hot water and steeped.
2. I am aware that chaparral is not to be used for long term,
Actually it can be used long term. But it must be dried and aged at least a couple of months before use.
is that the same with andrographis
Andrographis can be used long term, although it will induce a temporary sterility.
& pau d arco? I saw Pau d Arco tea in health food shop so I thought that it could be used for long term.
It is recommended that pau d' arco only be used for a few months at a time to prevent a resistance of Candida to the pau d' arco. Pau d' arco is also a fairly good iron source, so I would not recommend this long term for most people since excess iron is a problem
3. If I am using it for treatment, how long can I use the 3 herbs for?
A couple of months then take a break or you can substitute another antiseptic for the pau d' arco.
4. When you mention 20-30 drops, is it one for each (total of 90 drops) or combined? (each 10 drops)
If treating a hard to battle infection then 20-30 drops of each.
5. Does dried herbs lose its effectiveness as opposed to fresh ones?
Herbs vary a lot in stability. But drying the herbs slows down the destructive oxidation of the herbs, increases their availability and can be stored long term in most cases if stored out of the light and in a cool place.
6. Can I use my DE-saturated water with the preparation of the herbs? I noticed that putting DE in my water turns my water murky.
Yes, let the water settle out firs though. This can take several days when first adding the DE, but it will settle out faster over time.