CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Flaxseed Oil and my thyroid

Hveragerthi Views: 17,351
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,674,696

Re: Flaxseed Oil and my thyroid

Will Flaxseed Oil mess up my thyroid?

Not if you are taking iodine to counter the goitrogenic effects of the flax.

I have been taking 1 Tablespoon mixed in cottage cheese (for absorption) 3 times a day. The flaxseed oil that I've been taking is made by Specktrum and it's Triple Pressed.

Since flax seed oil has not been heated the goitrogens will still be intact.

How much can I safely take? For how long? Is freshly ground flaxseed better?

I would not exceed a tablespoon 3 times daily and it can be taken long term again as long as you are taking iodine to counter the goitrogenic effect.  Flax seeds will not give you as high of a level of the essential fatty acids.  The seeds are good for fiber though.

I've been taking it because it is supposed to help Parkinson symptoms. I had planned to take it until this bottle is finished. It's the large size...

Parkinson's is treated primarily by raising dopamine.  Tyrosine and bupleurum are both good for this.  Sage leaf is also great for Parkinson's.

I've been taking your Thyroid Tonic every day. My tests come out ok though.

The Thyroid Tonic will provide the iodine to counter the suppressive effects of the flax oil.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.672 sec, (1)