CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: A note about probiotics coming back

Cheshire77 Views: 2,262
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,685,202

Re: A note about probiotics coming back

Yes, I think Antibiotic residue may be the most likely explanation. However we cannot rule out some other mechanism. It is possible that certain strains of bacteria require the environment created by other bacteria. They may implant better in an established flourishing bacterial environment than a more sterile one.

This is a critical point for me. I was planning on doing a lavage prior to HPI. A lavage will remove 99% of bacteria, which will reduce competition for the HPI bacteria, however it will also strip much of the mucus membrane as well, perhaps making the environment less friendly for the HPI bacteria. In all the scientific trials I have seen they always use a lavage, even when ABx have not been used. However this does not mean HPI is less effective without a lavage. The scientists just figured the logical thing to do is flush as much existing bacteria out before trying to implant. I know individuals doing HPI at home have had success without bothering with a lavage, so it isn't essential. I am tending towards thinking a lavage isn't necessary. I know from experience, a lavage encourages Candida growth. It took me 6 weeks to recover from my first lavage (prior to a colonoscopy).

Changing the subject slightly, I am thinking that maybe most dysbiosis is caused by a lack of biodiversity, rather than simply dominance of pathogenic bacteria (and fungus). Maybe pathogenic bacteria generally only dominate when there is a lack of biodiversity. Where I am going with this, is that perhaps the solution for most dysbiosis (including SIBO) is simply to do HPI with one or more donors. Perhaps the biodiversity inhibits individual dominance by any bacterial strain, thus lessening the likelihood of dysbiosis symptoms.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

1.344 sec, (1)