CureZone   Log On   Join
Iodine - minerals and osteoporosis

James81 Views: 1,804
Published: 11 years ago

Iodine - minerals and osteoporosis

What advice do you guys have, my mother was diagnosed with osteoporosis, she has been on Iodine for about 9 months due to a oversized thyroid(goiter i guess?) pretty sure she has been hypo for ages. She takes selenium and has taken large doses of calcium for years and years unfortunately.

I recently switched her to carlsons bone support since it has 2,000 vitD, 1000mg calcium in three forms (carbonate,citrate and glycinate)400mg magnesium in 3 forms, 2mg maganese, and 3mg Boron as the glycinate form.

I thought this was the best i could do as she just seems to believe the calcium dogma so strongly.

I added another boron supplement for her to take on top of this as i remember reading good things about it on here.

Is even this amount of calcium bad with the Iodine supplementation?

Is there any other things she should be doing? She tries to eat very healthy, mostly vegetarian with fish at least twice a week, lots of veggies and salads and whole grains. She does not eat very much fat/oil as she also has taken to this dogma that fats are pretty much bad, but she still eats eggs a few times a week i believe. Her doctor wants to put her on some strong osteo meds, but at least she doesn't want to do this, but is instead taking extra of the bone support i gave her.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

edit - as per Iodine she has taken 3 iodoral daily, recently i switched her to the 2% sskl.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.453 sec, (1)