CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: anyone side effects gone after removal?

ukmum Views: 4,489
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,697,775

Re: anyone side effects gone after removal?

Yes- I've been one of the lucky ones!
I had my Mirena fitted in May 07 and over the next couple of years suffered a catalogue of problems including: Numbness and tingling down my left hand side and in my head, frequent migraines, joint pains, weight gain, hair loss,extreme fatigue, depression,violent mood swings, no sex drive,daily nausea, frequent spotting, dizziness,vertigo,pelvic inflammatory disease,vision problems, sleep problems and finally three Grand Mal seizures(like an epileptic fit). Basically you name it- I had it. I felt so ill for so long I feared I had an incurable disease that the doctors and neurologists hadn't yet discovered.My partner and I married after living together for over 25 years and I made my Will.
After my third seizure I started researching the Mirena myself on this and other sites and realised that it was responsible.I immediately had it removed, in November 2009, and honestly started feeling better and more like my old self within 24 hours. Gradually ALL the symptoms have disappeared, my hair stopped falling out and I havent had any seizures since.My periods took a while to stabilise but the last few months have been back to a regular cycle. I have found it difficult to shift the weight that I gained but that might be due to my age (47) and love of cooking/chocolate! I know other Mirena victims have struggled to return to normality after removal and honestly don't know why I've been OK. All I've done is eat healthily, drink loads of water, excercise regularly and take multi-vitamins containing potassium and zinc. Hope you recover as well as I have- Good Luck.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.688 sec, (1)