CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Turmeric questions

Hveragerthi Views: 6,467
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,713,540

Re: Turmeric questions

I want to start taking turmeric. Most people seem to take a powder. Is this just a supermarket product, or a special health food powder supplement?

It is the same turmeric you can buy in any health food store.  It is also the main ingredient in yellow curries.

I have a product called Nature's Sunshine Turmeric Curcuminoids 500 capsules. Each capsule contains Curcumin 536mg 500mg Curcuminoids of Curcuma longa (Curcumin C3 Complex). What dos this mean?

Curcuminoids are the active compounds in the turmeric, so this is a powdered extract.

The dosage says 1-2 caps twice daily with water. The indications are for joint inflammation and free radical scavenging. I want to take it to kill small bowel bacteria.

Three times a day would be better, and preferably on an empty stomach.  Taking larger single doses though is a waste because curcuminoids are poorly absorbed.  This is important if using it for inflammation, but not if you are just trying to kill intestinal bacteria.

I don't know if I have a good product or whether I should get some simple turmeric powder. Is there a good brand I should buy? Is Helmigs good?

Plain old turmeric powder or yellow curry works great and is very inexpensive.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

0.282 sec, (1)