CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Mirena Issues

niklee327 Views: 6,117
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 870,607

Re: Mirena Issues

I thought I was going crazy until I read all the posts on this site. Ever since day 1, I have had issues with this thing. First of all, the doctor that inserted it had to try 3 times before she got it in. Each time got more and more painful, like I was going to pass out painful. She did an ultra sound to make sure she got it in. She claimed to have inserted hundreds of these things. From there on out, I have progressively been getting more and more issues. I have been bloated, to the point that I cant fit into any of my clothes. I went from a size 6 to a 10 in a matter of a month. I have cramping, major mood swings, week and a half long period, heart flutters and absolutely no sex drive. I'm tired all the time, even after lots of sleep. I have really bad Acne and headaches. But the worst symptom is the joint pain. My feet and hands swell up so much that I can barely walk or bend my fingers. I feel like an 85 year old woman. I'm only 35! I shouldn't be feeling like this. I went to several doctors and all they say is that they never heard of these issues with the IUD and that it has to be something else. They do blood work, x-rays, tell me to be more active. One even said, "I'd encourage you to keep it in for at least 6 - 9 months to see if it adjusts to your body. If after that point you still have issues, I'll take it out". Seriously! Finally, I started going to a chiropractor because I thought it could be a back issue. After about 20 sessions and little improvement, she finally said, "Maybe it's your IUD"? Ya think! After she said that, I though it was probable and I started doing research to see if anyone else was having issues. Man, I should have done more research BEFORE I had the thing put in. BEFORE I shelled out over $500 of my own money. Well, I'm at 6 months and I'm taking this thing out. I just hope it doesn't as bad to have taken out as it did to have put in.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.com

0.938 sec, (1)