CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: iodine, ovarian cysts and increased pain

ravengirl Views: 18,294
Published: 11 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,718,792

Re: iodine, ovarian cysts and increased pain

In June I had an abdominal ultrasound because blood tests revealed an anomoly in my liver function. The ultrasound showed an ovarian growth on my left ovary and in July I was sent for a transvaginal ultrasound. This test showed a 3 cm cyst that was both liquid and solid. I was then sent for a CA125 blood test and thankfully this came back normal. Very dark days waiting for all these results.

When this all started, I undertook research on the internet because the allopathic doctor I was seeing at the time told my I would have to have surgery to fix this and that there would be no way around it. This scared the crap out of me so I wanted to see for myself. I discovered curezone in July and started to read and read and read. I am so grateful to Wombat, Newport, Trapper and many others for all the wisdom and intelligence that has helped me so much.

These are the steps I have taken:

In July, I started supplementing with essential fatty acids and adrenal support supplements. Noticed within a week, I was no longer experiencing any breast pains and the texture of my breasts softened.

In August I began Iodine supplementation along with the companion supplements. I started very slowly as I was nervous about this. In October I made it up to 8 drops of Lugols per day and last week I started 8 drops twice a day.

In September, I switched to a naturopathic doctor and began homeopathic remedies in addition to all of the above.

In October, I added virgin coconut oil (3 tablespoons/day) and oil pulling when I remember.

The results I have experienced so far:

My last moon time was normal in length and flow for the first time in many many years. (I'm 45.) It was also virtually pain free. Ovulation was also virtually pain free and I only felt a little normal twinge that I used to experience in my younger days.

I had very little spotting between moon times.

Previously I had been experiencing spotting and erratic moon times. Before all this cyst stuff began to happen, I could be assured that my moon time would come every 28 days like clockwork. Over the last few years, they have been getting heavier and more painful cramping along with extremely painful ovulation.

The pain in my left ovary is getting less and less everyday and I no longer have back pain on the lower left side.

My Depression began to lift in August and I began to laugh in my sleep--very odd but nice benefit. I also began to laugh again in general and this side effect was so totally welcome as I spent many, dark days in June and July worrying about dying. The cancer test was the worst and darkest and I cried and cried and cried. So the laughter when it started was a relief and much appreciated.

I feel emotionally more balanced and hopeful for the first time in years and I know that all of the above has helped me to get here from a physiological standpoint. I must have been extremely depleted in so many ways that it was manifesting in depression, brain fog, memory loss, dark thoughts, etc.

After starting the iodine, I was so damn itchy on my forearms and calves that it was driving me mad. But because I had read so much about everything, I knew that it would be temporary and to just keep with it. I used a diluted solution of Lugols and water that I would put all over my legs, arms, face, neck and breast and I did this at first a couple of times a day and now only do it when I need to. Now the little bumps on my arms are diminishing and I do still get itchy especially since I upped the Lugols dosage to 8 drops twice a day but with the solution, I don't scratch into scabs anymore.

When I remember, I do mesentry painting and I also try to rub straight Lugols over both my ovaries in the morning. I noticed my left ovary fluttered the first few days that I did this. I didn't really notice any change with the mesentray painting.

I have also been taking hot baths with Epsom Salts and baking soda a couple or three times a week. I find this to be hard for me as I don't tolerate heat very well but I sure notice a difference the next morning so I keep it up.

When I first started with iodine, I was salt pushing as much as I needed to which was quite often the first few weeks. Now, I may do it a couple of times a day, if I start to get the headache. Once when I was very busy with work I completely forgot and was starting to develop kidney pain when I realied I immediately needed that salt push. The pain subsided in a little while after and ever since I try to be more aware of my body before other less important things.

I sometimes get very annoyed at always having to think about what to take when and I get tired of planning my whole day around all of this but I'm committed to my well being and lately I have begun to make peace with all of it. I've been practicing patience and consistency for myself. I used to be very impatient, superly over busy and always charging ahead in my career and life. I have had to totally shift my focus and go inward and slow down. More thoughtful as well.

Beemiel's recent post gave me great hope that I was on the right track with all of this and it helped to renew my commitment to this process, so thank you! The timing of that post and how it affected me was truly magical . . . it's been an amazing and life changing journey!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.com

1.047 sec, (3)